Monday, October 6, 2008

St. George!

We spent four days in St. George for the marathon, and it was so great! My mom, sister, and brother-in-law came because Jennifer was running the marathon too! I forgot my camera though, so I borrowed Jennifer's. We had gorgeous weather the whole time we were there. Oh, except for during the race. It rained. And hailed a bit too. On the runners. The whole time. I barely remembered to grab jackets, but the boys only had sandals and I only took flip flops, so we didn't stay long. We basically found Mike and then left. We were able to find a rain jacket and umbrella (in Grandma Tigger's closet) for my poor, trooper mom. And Jennifer wore Grandma Tig's Easy Spirit shoes after the race since she didn't have anything comfortable to wear. Thank goodness for Tigger!

It was Jennifer's first marathon, and she ran it in 4:34 (I think). Not bad, especially in the rain! The rain slowed everyone down. Mike ran it in 3:24, but he thinks the rain added about ten minutes to his time. Even still, that's a great time! Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of Mike since I forgot the camera, but they'll email us pictures of what the marathon photogs took.

Excited for ice cream, even though it was still raining. She's a pretty die-hard health nut these days. On Sunday she made an awesome breakfast...Mickey Mouse waffles, eggs with red pepper, bacon, & orange juice. But she ate quinoa. Because she wanted to. [By the way Jennifer, email me your waffle recipe since I know you read this!]

Relaxing after the race. What a great way to watch Conference! Actually, there wasn't much watching involved, but there was a lot of chasing the boys and keeping them from maiming themselves on the many non-kid proof items in the Mulberry House. They really loved playing with the nutcrackers (the tool, not the Christmas decoration).

A rare, quiet moment. Will is like a little puppy dog now, he follows Sam everywhere, and wants to do everything he does.
Mostly this is what Will did. 2.5 seconds. Maybe faster, I wasn't timing it.
Following big brother again. It's so fun that they play together now!

3 comments:

Tawna said...

Looks like so much fun!!! We were supposed to go down there too with some friends, but ended up not going because of some other stuff...I'm so sad! We need a major vacation!!

Jami and Family said...

Looks like you had a fun time down there! Bummer that it rained during the race but it sounds like he did awesome anyway!

Anonymous said...

we are headed down to the Mulberry House this weekend. I'm sure our pictures of the boys will be very similar!