Saturday, August 9, 2008

Shenanigans

Last Sunday. Oh, man. The Sunbeams got a new teacher (her children are in their 30's and 40's). I don't know many details because Mike gets Sam from his class after church. What I do know: The Sunbeams went outside for a walk. One little girl said, "Let's go to my house!" and 3 of the 4 kids (including Sam) took off running. Not that they knew how to get to her house, they just thought they'd try. They got about a block away (from what I could understand from another mom). My guess is that they don't go outside anymore. Today Sam and I dipped pretzels and wrote a little note to take over to his poor, new teacher.

Sam was in charge of the sprinkles. This kid and his camera faces.

He did a really good job, and he was very proud of himself.

His teacher was very sweet, and she didn't seem discouraged. Poor woman. I was relieved when she told me that Sam wasn't sure what to do. He seemed like he wanted to stay, but he didn't want to go back without the other kids. I guess I was mostly relieved that he wasn't one of the instigators. She said a bunch of stuff about how Sam was really good, and they were going to have lots of fun, etc., and she gave him a hug before we left.

I think my favorite part of this whole thing was when Sam told me, "But we watched for cars!" He was so pleased with himself, but I don't think he realized that it might have the opposite effect for me. I don't think they actually crossed a street, but I don't know. And I probably never will. We've talked about it several times, so I hope some of it registered.

1 comments:

Jami and Family said...

You can for sure borrow my book when I am done! Hopefully it will be soon! Oh and where were my chocolate dipped pretzels?? Just kidding but they sure did look yummy!