Friday, September 16, 2011

Pioneer Day Parade

On July 16th our Stake got to participate in the Days of '47 youth parade downtown.  We drove down with our buddies the Nielsens.  Our ward was pretty hard to miss in our bright lime green shirts!


We waited forever.  And ever.

Will's first balloon popped, so he was VERY careful with his second one!  He sat in the stroller to wait the rest of the time.
The closest I could get to lime green for Molly was her binky and hair clip.  Good enough.

It was hot so I brought a spray bottle to cool off with.  The idea was to mist the water, but Sam drank some too!
We walked about 4 blocks, and we even made it on the news that night and the next week, and we graced the cover of the LDS Church News!  We were also in this online article about the parade.

 This was the picture on the Church News cover, only they cropped it so we're a lot more visible.  :)  I'm on the right side pushing the red stroller.

I'm blocked by a balloon in this one, but you can see Sam, my stroller, Ava, & Jami.  Fun!

Will and Molly stayed in the stroller for the entire walk.  It made my life so much easier!

When we got to the carnival at the end of the parade, I lost all of the kids at least once.  The boys I lost 2 or 3 times each.  It was really stressful, but fortunately we didn't stay long!
We hung out with the Nielsens and Risers during the carnival (aka Where's My Kid? Fest).  We're lucky to have such great friends!  (Those are the Sanders girls in the pic, but we really spent our time with the others.  Pictures are minimal since I spent so much time looking for kids!)

The parade was a little crazy, but it was fun to participate and remember our pioneer ancestors!

0 comments: