Friday, September 23, 2011

Bear Lake--Clayton Week

Clayton Week was pretty small this year, but we still had lots of fun!!  We made it up in time for the demolition derby in Lake Town.  Sam was an only child the last time we did this (we had tons of fun!), but I'm not gonna lie.  One kid is so much easier.  The action was pretty slow in between rounds and the kids got really bored so we ended up leaving early.  But still, there's nothing quite like a demolition derby!  I still had fun, even if the kids weren't into it!





Molly and Jane are buddies.  Molly was trying to blend in with the locals (notice the adorable cowgirl boots).

We had some cousin time with Osie and Claire on the beach!  Jake was having a nap, and Steve & Beth's boys hadn't come yet.  There are so many Clayton cousins, but this wasn't the year to see them all.    We were about 75 family members short!


We also played in the pool lots.  Will decided to become a fish!  He has loved swimming since his lessons earlier in the summer.



All 5 & 2/3 of us!  I couldn't get in the hot tub with everyone else, but sticking my legs in was about all the heat I could handle anyway.  Mike tells me all the time that I just radiate heat.  Thank goodness this has been a mild summer...perfect for pregnancy!


The kids LOVED playing tennis with Nelson and Seth.  And I loved sitting on the bench and watching all the fun.  :)

Molly got into my liquid lipstick, which only comes off with eye makeup remover.  Luckily Jane had some!  I kind of love her Gene Simmons look.

We had so much fun playing with the Vances and Steve & Beth's family!  It's always so great to see our cousins, even if they were few in number this year!  We always have fun at Bear Lake!

2 comments:

Jessica Jackson said...

I'm SOO jealous you were at Bear Lake! I was so sad to miss it this year, but we are good to go for next year and are planning on being there for sure. Good luck with the last couple months of pregnancy, I hope all goes well!

Christine said...

we loved seeing you too! Pretty funny that we were 75 members short, we have a huge family!

The last pictures of Molly made me laugh out loud!