Saturday, December 12, 2009

Utah State Fair!

We went to the Utah State Fair back in September (I've been meaning to blog about this for 3 months). We had so much fun! We saw sheep, did lots of rides, had some fair fare, and we even saw some bears!I loved going down this slide when I was little. We'd always go the opening day of the fair, and we always hit the rodeo. Good memories!


The boys loved the rides. Sure, they were ridiculously expensive, but it's still a LOT cheaper than going to Lagoon. :) Sam would have gone on rides all day if we'd let him. He didn't want to do anything else!
Will is such a stinker, but he's so stinkin' cute!

Luckily, parents ride for free when one is required to be with the kids. These are total daddy's boys, so he was on ride duty all day. I stayed with Molly and the strollers, but it was still fun to watch them have fun!

He refused to ride in the stroller, he just wants to be a part of everything that's happening!

Molly conked out and missed pretty much everything.

We got a foot-long corn dog, fries, and dippin' dots! I'd never had dippin' dots before so Mike bought some. It was good, but since that little cup was $6 and just tasted like sherbet, I'll buy a pint of cheap stuff next time I'm at the store. My cheapness is genetic. I can't help it.

The ferris wheel ride took forever, but probably because I was waiting in the hot sun on the black asphalt, and there was nowhere to go for shade. The boys liked it though! That's Will waving.

I think we hit every kid ride they had.

The giant slide was a little scary for the boys, but they were fine when we told them we wouldn't let go of them. It's interesting how your perspective can change with a little assurance. The slide didn't change, but their attitude about it did when they knew they'd be safe. If only it could always be that easy to assure your kids about something scary!

0 comments: