Saturday, December 12, 2009

Big News!

Will slept in a big boy bed last night! Which is kind of sad, he's pretty much left the baby stage. Will begs every night, "Sleep Sam's bed?" (Sam has been sleeping on the top bunk, so there's an open bed) Sometimes we let him get in and be there for a while, but since he won't stay in bed, he always ends up back in his crib. Which always makes him really mad. Last night we decided to see how long it would take him to fall asleep in a big boy bed. The kids were in bed right at 8:00. At 10:47 I realized I hadn't seen Will in about 10 minutes, which meant he had finally passed out. He was out of his room every few minutes just checking things out and seeing how much attention he could get. He was such a stinker, he would crawl down the hall and just wait for Mike or me to look at him. Then he would go straight back to his room and come out a minute later. Sometimes he would sit on the stair until I would look at him, sometimes he would go in the bathroom, and sometimes he would just stand by the door until someone saw him. Sam just informed me that Will went in my room three times to watch tv.

Sam built the "Wall of Mexico" out of bouillon cubes. He told me it's by California.

Will is becoming more independent all the time. Now he insists on peeling his own oranges. And doing his belt. And choosing his own shoes (I really need to hide his flip flops!).
Last night we were eating dinner and Will wouldn't stay in his high chair. He did something naughty and Mike put him in the corner. Will came out and stood by Mike. Mike said, "Are you ready to be nice?" Will said NO! and ran back to the corner. He came back out a minute later and was pleasant as could be! I wonder if I can always get him to put himself in the corner.

We have a little playgroup (which is mostly 2 year olds), but we have older kids too when it's at our house. Brooklyn sat down with her book and 4 of the other kids sat down and she showed them the pictures. It was so funny, they had their own little impromptu story time!

1 comments:

Bryan & Sarah said...

Oh I lvoe it! She really does love to "read" to Ammon and me! Glad to know she was sharing!