Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sad News

My mom called tonight to tell me of the tragic death of someone who used to be in my ward. He was 9 years younger than me, so I didn't know him, but I knew his older three siblings. Blake Strebel and his friend were hit and killed in a car accident. The car that hit them was involved in a high speed chase. Apparent known gang members who were allegedly involved in a burglary earlier in the day. Having kids of my own, this really gets to me. I can't even imagine what these families are going through, yet they're still concerned for the families of the perpetrators. If we could all be so Christlike. Amazing people.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=6250066

I have been incredibly busy lately, but I'll get caught up as soon as my eternal project is finished. Getting close. I spend most of my spare/free time working on it (which isn't much, or any some days), so hopefully it will be done within a week.

1 comments:

Christine said...

wow. It really makes you appreciate what you have.